Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Real Tearjerker

Jazzy and I just finished watching a real tearjerker of a movie.  We watched the documentary Dogs on the Inside on Netflix.  It's about a program that pairs shelter dogs with prison inmates.  The inmates foster and train shelter dogs with the ultimate goal of placing the dogs in loving forever homes.  

Image result for dogs on the inside

Not only are dogs getting second chances, but the inmates are, as well.  To see the bonds that are made between these men and the dogs is incredible.  It is truly a win-win program.  Programs like this make so much sense.  There are so many dogs in need of homes and prisons offer lots of space to house them. Plus, the shelter dogs are trained by the inmates, which makes them more adoptable.  And the inmates get to spend their time behind bars in a meaningful way.  Both get to experience unconditional love.  

I bawled my eyes out.  I was literally laying on the couch with Jazzy snuggled up next to me and tears were pouring out of my eyes.  I found myself moved by how deeply the inmates cared about the dogs they trained and how appreciative they were for the experience.  They talked about how much working with the dogs changed them, how it gave them hope.  

I highly recommend this movie if you are looking for something to watch on Netflix.  Make sure you have some tissues handy!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!