Monday, August 24, 2015

Kindness

More than ever, I am truly appreciative of the kindness people share with me.  It really does mean so very much when people surprise me with a sweet email or a thoughtful gift.  Kindness can put me in a better mood and make my day go better.  It also inspires me to pass on kindness to others.  

Here are just a few examples of some kindness that has been thrown my way.  

My very first job was working in the mail room at an insurance company over the summer when I was in high school.  My mom worked for the same company and had a very heavy hand in getting me the job. Judy was my first boss and was certainly a wonderful boss.  Even though she now works for a different company, my mom has kept in touch with her throughout the years.  She remembered that anything Mary Engelbreit-themed has a special place in my heart.  Anything designed by Mary Engelbreit is just so cute that you can't help but smile when you look at it.  Somehow Judy remembered that I love Mary Engelbreit and recently gave my mom some books to give to me.  How sweet is that?  Thank you, Judy!   
  

Speaking of my mom, she always showers me with kindness.  Her most recent act of kindness was giving me this picture.  She colored it from her coloring book (who doesn't love to color!) and gave it to me.  She knew that "The best is yet to come" is my mantra.  I will definitely have to frame it and hang it up somewhere where I'll see it everyday.  Thanks, Mom!   


Recently, my mother-law-came to visit Adam and I.  When she visited, she brought me a gift from Adam's Aunt Peggy.  She wanted me to have a prayer shawl.  The idea behind it is to wrap it around you whenever you need comfort.  Isn't that incredibly thoughtful?  Then, once you don't need it anymore, you're supposed to pass it along to someone else in need.  I will definitely wrap it around me when I have a low moment thinking about my baby or my infertility struggles.  Hopefully, I'll be able to pass it along to someone else soon.  Thank you, Peggy!   


All of this kindness makes me want to spread around more kindness.  I am making it my goal to perform three acts of kindness by the end of the week.  I challenge you to do the same! :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!