Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Live Like A Dog

After looking at life through Jazzy's eyes, I have realized that she knows what's most important.  

Make sure you let people know how much you love them each and every day.  

I never have any doubt about how much Jazzy loves me.  She shows me how much she loves me each and every day.  I should do a better job of letting the people I love know just how much they are loved.  It's easy to make a phone call, send a text or write a note.  And I know it would brighten their day to know that I appreciate and love them.  


Take time for yourself.

Jazzy knows how important it is to take time for yourself.  She does the things that bring her joy on a daily basis.  She's not guilty for taking time for herself and we shouldn't be either.  It's important to treat yourself to whatever makes you happy.  



Be you.  

Jazzy's got this down.  She's not afraid to be herself.  She sprawls out in the yard to sun her belly.  She gobbles up cicadas on the deck and doesn't care what people might think of her.  We could all take a lesson from Jazzy.  We shouldn't be afraid to be ourselves.  



Go for it. 

When Jazzy sees something she wants, she's not afraid to go for it.  If she wants to go for a walk, she asks for one.  If she wants you to rub her belly, she wriggles up under your hand.  I think we'd all be happier if we went for what we want in life.  



Don't waste your time doing things you don't enjoy.

When I tried to convince Jazzy that swimming would be fun, she wasn't falling for it.  She did not enjoy being in that pool, so she chose not to go back in.  I can definitely learn something from Jazzy in this regard.  We shouldn't waste time doing the things that we don't enjoy.  I think sometimes we are all so worried about what other people might think that we forget to think about what we want or don't want. Jazzy chooses to focus on the things that make her happy, and she's got a better life because of it.  



Thanks for all the lessons, little Jazzy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!