Friday, August 28, 2015

Grasshoppers, Cicadas and June Bugs, Oh My!

Jazzy has started a new diet recently.  It seemed as though every person Jazzy met started out saying something to the effect of, "Well, she certainly seems like she's well fed!"  After talking with several other dog owners, we decided Jazzy was getting too much dog food each day.  We still feed her twice a day, but just not as much.  

I think Jazzy has noticed.  She seems to get pretty "hangry" (hungry + angry) as evidenced by the picture below. 


Since she's cut her calories, she's been trying to fill her food quota for the day by dining on bugs.  She likes to gobble up grasshoppers on her walks.  She also hunts cicadas in the back yard.  I walked around the yard trying to find a cicada so I could take a picture of Jazzy staring longingly at it, but I couldn't find one.  Jazzy, however, found three.  They make a very distinct crunch when she bites into them.  I guess hunting cicadas takes skills that I don't have.  

Here's Jazzy hunting.  She looks like a little cow, grazing in a field.  But much cuter.  


She also likes to eat the June bugs that gather on the back deck by the light.  It's pretty funny to watch, especially since she's afraid of flies.

Jazzy's an insect-loving fool these days.  It's darn near impossible for Adam and I to get the bugs out of her mouth because she swallows them in two swift bites.  I guess it's alright for her to eat them.  She hasn't gotten sick yet.  Bon appetit, Jazzy!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!