Sunday, March 12, 2017

Jazzy Knows Something's Up

I'm pretty sure Jazzy knows all about the babies growing inside my belly!  While she's always liked to be close to me, she has seemed to want to be very close to my belly lately.  When I'm watching tv on the couch, typically Jazzy likes to lay by my feet or on her perch on top of the couch cushion.  But lately, Jazzy has snuggled right up to my belly when I sit or lay on the couch.  She rests her little head on my stomach and sometimes even drapes one of her little paws over the babies.    



I'm pretty sure Jazzy knows something's up.

Right now Jazzy is our baby.  She will always be one of our babies.  I know people say that and then they have kids and their pets sometimes take a backseat.  But Adam and I have vowed not to let that happen to our sweet baby Jazzy.  

Jazzy came into our lives at a time when we truly needed a little loveball.  I don't think Adam nor I really knew what Jazzy would bring to our lives, but we sure appreciate all the joy she has brought to us.  She helped fill the gaping holes in our hearts after losing our first baby.  

And she continues to be there for us in ways we never expected.  A few weeks back I caught a nasty stomach bug that was going around school.  I was super sick!  I spent almost all of the day in bed and Jazzy never left my side.  Usually she likes to look out the window in the living room and wander around the house.  But she kept a close watch on me all day long.  And she seemed to understand that I wouldn't be able to take her on a walk that day either, so she never waited by the door.  What a sweetheart!  


So I have made a promise to Jazzy and myself that there will always be plenty of room in my heart and my life for her.  While things will definitely change in all of our lives, I will always make room for Jazzy.  

She's already become a part of out nightly story time ritual.  Either Adam or I will read a book to the babies before I go to sleep.  (It's never too early to share the love of reading!)  We always invite Jazzy into bed to be a part of story time and she's more than happy to listen.  

I have strong hunch that Jazzy will love her new siblings since she has been so sweet to them already.  I think she'll be their protector.  One of the things I am researching right now, along with the surprising amount of the baby stuff I'll need to get, is how to help your dog through the transition of adding babies to your family.  I want to make sure Jazzy knows she's still just as important to us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!