Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Roughing It

Adam talked me into a vacation in a cabin in Colorado.  I'm not really an outdoorsy gal, but I ended up having a wonderful time roughing it.  

Roughing it is a bit of a stretch.  We stayed in a friend's family cabin, that had electricity and running water for a kitchen sink and a shower.  


The cabin, however, did not have a toilet.  Yep, I got to use an outhouse for the first time in my life.  It wasn't too terrible, as long as you didn't breathe through your nose.   


The outhouse was a small price to pay for the beautiful views.  


We hiked and climbed some of the peaks near the cabin.  It was only slightly terrifying when I got to the tops.  I just tried to look forward instead of down to my death.  


The weather was perfect for us.  We had mostly sunny skies, with only a few rain drops here or there.  It did get cold in the evenings, so we had a warm, crackling fire each night.


Good thing Adam was around to chop up some firewood.  


We also took in some sights around the area, including a Buddhist temple that was built in the middle of nowhere.  We didn't have to be Buddhists to appreciate its beauty.    


We had a blast and got to be a part of nature, which Adam loves to do.  I must say, I am starting to understand why Adam loves it so much.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!