Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Sprucing Up Our Bathroom Shelves

Adam started working on some new shelves for our guest bathroom recently, which I am super excited about.  The shelving we have in our bathroom now is okay, but it doesn't really fit the space.  We currently have three small box shelves hanging on the wall that I found at a garage sale last summer. They've done their job, but we're ready to put up something more substantial.  


Adam got the idea for new shelves from a book he checked out from the public library.  Yes, Adam and I still check out books from the public library.  I have a soft spot for libraries, having worked in them. Anyways, Adam likes to check out books that feature woodworking projects.  He found a book called The Handbuilt Home by Ana White.  We liked it so much that we surpassed our renewal limit at the library.  So we bought a copy on Amazon.    


I am so glad that he checked this book out, because every project is adorable.  Adam might not be so glad he showed it to me, because I now want him to build every project in it.  He already built me the wrapping paper station that is in our guest bedroom.  


The next project in the works is new bathroom wall storage.  It will fit the space above our toilet in our guest bathroom much better.  Plus, it will give me more space to put cutesy decorative stuff.  


Adam's already hard at work.  I sure am a lucky wife!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!