Monday, June 29, 2015

Stand Up, Boots!

This past winter, I saw an idea on Pinterest for boot stays.  Boot stays are inserts you put in your boots to make them stay standing up.  They help your boots keep their shape, make them easier to grab and they make your boots look prettier in your closet.  Boot stays can run you up to $20 a pair, which can add up quickly if you love boots like me.  So, the ever-so-helpful Pinterest told me to use pool noodles to make your own boot stays.  Since it was the dead of winter when I saw this idea, I tucked it away in my mind. Now that summer's here and pool noodles are available, I pulled the idea back out.  

Here were my sad, floppy boots before their boot stays.  Please ignore the layer of dust on the top shelf of my closet.  My excuse is that I'm not tall enough to see the top shelf, therefore I am not required to clean it.  


All you need for this project are some pool noodles, a sharpie, and some scissors.  You can get two pairs of boot stays out of one pool noodle.  


Once you have your pool noodles, just slide one in a boot and mark where you need to make your cut.


Then, poke one blade of your scissors into the line you made to get you started.  Continue cutting all the way around the pool noodle.  The noodles were really easy to cut since they are hollow in the center.  I just used some little scissors that were handy, so you don't need heavy duty ones.  


Once you've made your cut, slide your boot stays in and put your boots back in your closet.  Doesn't it look so much nicer?  


The best part of this project was the price.  I bought two pool noodles for just under 8 bucks, and ended up with 4 pairs of boot stays.  Not too shabby! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!