Sunday, April 19, 2015

Scaredy Dog

I learn more and more about all of Jazzy's cute quirks every day.  Some of these quirks make sense, while others baffle me.  I have come to realize that Jazzy is a bit of a scaredy dog.  She's frightened of the following very intimidating things: 

Balloons

My mom sent Adam and me a birthday box in the mail since we have birthdays close together.  In it she included a bunch of balloons with instructions to blow them up on Adam's birthday.  I always listen to my mom, so I sat down on the couch on Adam's birthday with the pile of balloons.  

Jazzy sat down next to me like she usually does.  I took the first balloon and started to blow it up.  Jazzy shot off the couch as if the balloon had attacked her as soon as I started blowing it up.  I'm not really sure what she thought that balloon was going to do to her.  She certainly wasn't going to give the balloon a chance to attack her so she went into her crate.  

I finished blowing up the balloons and let Adam see them strewn about the living room.  Then we had to get rid of them so Jazzy wouldn't have a heart attack.  Silly dog.


Flies      

When I'm home, I've been leaving the back door open a crack so Jazzy can go in and out as she pleases.  Since the door stays open for small stretches of time, a fly snuck in the other day.  It made it's way into the blinds in the living room right in front of Jazzy's perch.  

While I was in the kitchen, I noticed Jazzy slinking about and staring at the window.  I thought she was acting strange so I went into the living room to ask her what was wrong.  When I asked her, she just looked longingly at her perch from the other end of the couch.


Then I heard the buzzing.  I realized there was a fly stuck in the blinds and she was terrified of it.  So I got the flyswatter and bravely killed it for Jazzy. She was quite pleased to be able to go back to her perch.  I guess that makes me her hero.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!