Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My Mantra

If you would have asked me if I had a mantra a few years ago, I would have said, "No, because that sort of thing is weird."  Well, I'm weird now.  I have a mantra:


The best is yet to come. 


After I had lost my baby, my mother-in-law Janet shared the idea of having a mantra or personal saying with me.  She told me that her mantra is "all is well."  It made a lot of sense to me at the time and I'm very thankful she shared this idea with me.  So I scoured quotes on Pinterest and came across "the best is yet to come."  It spoke to me and said "make me your mantra" and so I did.  I come back to my mantra on hard days and it helps renew my hope.  Plus, it brings me to a more positive frame of mind.
      
I tell myself that "the best is yet to come" when I am especially frustrated about not being able to get pregnant again.  I even have a little framed version of my mantra on my desk at work.  I think about all the wonderful, exciting things I have to look forward to when I do eventually have a healthy baby.  

Surprisingly, getting the chance to spend time with babies and toddlers helps me look forward to all the fun I'll get to have one day.  It's almost like seeing my mantra in real life.  I got to meet up with my friend Sara and her adorable one year old.  I loved getting to make silly faces and see his sweet smile.  I also got to meet up with my friend Emily's two year old this past weekend. There's nothing like talking with a two year old to brighten your day.  I'm thankful to my friends for sharing their kiddos with me.  I don't think they even realize how much joy and hope it brings me.   

One thing that's helped me heal is planning things to look forward to.  They way I see it, it's always nice to have something to look forward to.  Whether it's something fun I have planned for the upcoming weekend, my family vacation to Gulf Shores this summer or the thought of having a baby, it's nice to envision these things in my future.  When you plan fun things in your future, then the best is yet to come.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!