Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A Life-Saving Sign

Adam and I got an "Animals Inside" window cling for free at some point.  It had a spot to check whether you have dogs or cats and a place to designate how many of each you own.  The point of the sign is to let emergency personnel know there are animals in your home.  So if there were to be a fire in your home, they would know to rescue your pets.  


I like the idea of the little sign, but after thinking more about it, I realized it wasn't the best sign.  It was pretty small and had tiny text.  It was also pretty difficult to see the check mark and number 1 I had put next to the dog space.  I figured if there ever was some sort of emergency at my home, emergency personnel wouldn't take a lot of time to scrutinize the sign.


So, I decided to recreate a sign that would be a bit bigger and bit easier to decipher.  I made the text bigger and bolder.  Plus, I included a paw print as a visual cue.  Now there's no question that a dog lives in our home.  


I hope that the sign never has to be read by emergency personnel, but I can rest a bit easier knowing it's there.  


Click here if you would like to print off a sign of your own.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!