Wednesday, October 7, 2015

When Adam's Away...

...Jazzy will play.  Well, she plays plenty when Adam's home.  But there is one special perk that Jazzy gets when Adam is away on a trip.  She gets to sleep in bed with me.



Look at her, all snuggled up on Adam's pillows.  Jazzy seems to know when she's allowed in bed.  She'll either wait patiently by the bed for me to pick her up or she'll hop right up on her own.  But she knows not to try it when Adam's home.  She's one smart doggy!  

Jazzy becomes my protector when Adam's away.  I'm not sure if Adam's had a conversation with her about looking out for me while he's away or if Jazzy's instincts tell her she's in charge when Adam's gone.  But she certainly takes her new guardian role very seriously.  


She sits atop her couch perch and lets me know what happens in the neighborhood.  Jazzy rarely barks, but she was quite vocal this past weekend when Adam was out of town.  She was sure to alert me when our neighbor put out her trash cans.  And Jazzy made it quite clear when the mailman delivered our mail.  She also barked about things I couldn't even see.  It was either a very sneaky person or a leaf.  It's hard to tell sometimes.  

Even though Jazzy loves sleeping in our bed, she's pretty stoked when Adam gets home.  I think she particularly misses her nightly sprints.  Adam takes her on a run before they go to bed each night.  Jazzy makes a mad dash around the neighborhood while Adam keeps up.  I tried to fill Adam's shoes this weekend but didn't quite manage.  I ended up with shin splints and the top of my foot was strangely sore. I know Jazzy's thrilled to have her dad and nightly jaunts back, even if she's been booted back to her doggy bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!