Friday, October 30, 2015

I Just Had a Heart Attack

Well, not a literal heart attack, but it was pretty darn close.  Let me explain.  I have the day off from school today.  We had parent-teacher conferences this week and we get a day to recuperate relax.  Isn't that nice?  I sure think so.  Anyways, I slept in later than usual, which was downright heavenly.  After getting up around 9:30, I let Jazzy out in the backyard.  Usually she doesn't spend too much time out there, especially when it's cloudy like it was this morning.  After about 20 minutes, I thought I would go check on her.  I stuck my head out the door and called her name and...nothing...crickets.  So, I found my slippers and walked out on the deck.  I called her name and she still didn't come like she usually does.  I started to wander around the yard looking for her and I saw this:


This would be where the heart attack came into play.  The gate was wide open!  And Jazzy was nowhere to be seen.  I stood there for a moment in shock and tried to figure out what I should do.  Should I start running through the neighborhood in my pajamas?  Should I go back inside and put on real clothes?  Should I start screaming Jazzy's name at the top of my lungs?  

By the way, this is what I looked like at this point in my day-off-from-school-morning:  


Not exactly how I would like my neighbors to see me.  I think I stood there in my backyard with my mouth gaping open as wide as the gate was for a good minute.  I was shocked!  Who left the gate open?  Did I leave the gate open?  Where did Jazzy go?  Was she halfway to Vegas by now?  Had she been run over by a car?  Had someone else realized what a sweet dog she was and dog-napped her? 

My heart was pounding in my chest and I was on the verge of tears.  I finally snapped out of my daze and started walking out the gate towards the front of our house.  I thought maybe she would still be close enough that I could call to her and she would come home.  

After I got to the front of the house, I turned my head towards the porch and saw this: 



The most beautiful sight in the world.  My sweet, little Jazzy was just sitting on the mat on our front porch.  She is such a good girl!  I told her how proud of I was of her and we went inside and got a cookie right away.  Then I called Adam to brag about our little girl.  Turns out the sprinkler company was supposed to come out today and winterize our sprinkler system.  Adam told me he would call them and give them a piece of his mind.  Glad I'm not them...don't ever get between Adam and his Jazzy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!