Thursday, October 15, 2015

Jazzy Gets A Checkup

It was time for Jazzy to get her yearly shots and go to the vet for her annual checkup.  While we've been to the vet a few times already, we have never taken her to get her shots.  Jazzy joined our family last December, but she had her shots back in October.  So, we decided it was time for Jazzy to take a little visit to the vet.  

I was a bit of a nervous Nellie when it came to taking Jazzy to the vet.  I was worried that the shots would hurt her.  And I didn't want to be the one to have to hold her while she got her shots.  So...I convinced Adam to come home from work a bit early and go with us.  Isn't he the best dog daddy ever?  Not to mention a very nice husband.  

We didn't have to spend too much time convincing Jazzy to get in the car.  The girl loves car rides.  We just have to show her the seat belt harness and she goes ballistic.  Once we wrangled her in her seat harness and got her buckled in the car, we set off for the vet.  At one point, I looked back at Jazzy while we were at a stoplight and she had the biggest, toothiest smile going on.  I wish I could have gotten a picture, but I decided I should probably focus on driving.  

Once we made it to the vet's office and Jazzy adequately peed on all the other dog scents outside the door, we made our way inside.  Jazzy was quite enthralled with her surroundings and took all the people and dogs in.  She was a good girl and didn't bark or growl at any of the other dogs.  If only she were that good on her walks...

They called Jazzy's name and Jazzy got weighed.  She weighed a whopping 17 pounds, even after all her dieting.  I know how you feel, Jazzy...dieting is rough.  Then we headed to the room to wait for the vet.  

Jazzy got a bit nervous at this point.  I think she remembered the room and how the last time she was in there they took her temperature...and they didn't put the thermometer in her mouth.  

When the vet came it, she seemed to be equal parts interested and nervous.  He was very nice to her and said Jazzy seemed to be doing great.  After looking her over, I sneakily asked Adam if he would switch places with me.  I didn't want to be the one hanging onto her when she got her shots.  But I didn't have to worry about that at all.  Jazzy made more of a fuss when he put the q-tip in her ear than when she got the shots.  She didn't flinch or make a peep.  I was worried for nothing!  

On our way home from the vet, we stopped at a BBQ restaurant that had an outdoor seating area.  That way Adam and I could get some dinner and Jazzy could hang out with us.  Jazzy seemed to enjoy the place and kept finding random things to eat on the ground.  

I even got to embarrass Adam by making him help Jazzy pose in front of the fall display that was in front of the restaurant.  But seriously, isn't this picture worth a little embarrassment on Adam's behalf?  


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!