Tuesday, May 19, 2015

It's Official: I'm Desperate

The more and more time that passes without getting pregnant, the more and more desperate I become.  I have become so desperate that I am considering something I never thought I would consider: acupuncture.  
I have a fear of needles.  The thought of them make me a bit squeamish.  I have to work up courage just to get my yearly flu shot, so the thought of acupuncture is only slightly terrifying.  I have good reason to try acupuncture, however.  I am hoping it leads to a healthy pregnancy.  Adam's friend's mom, who is a retired nurse, suggested it.  And at this point in the game, I am willing to try anything.  

When I think about acupuncture, things like voodoo and magic come to mind.  But after some internet research, I have come to the realization that I might have it all wrong.  Traditional Chinese Medicine, which includes acupuncture, has been around for a very long time and there is lots of research out there to prove its effectiveness.  As my mom said, it can't hurt, unless of course the needles actually hurt.

I went for a consultation this week and got to speak with the acupuncturist, who specializes in infertility treatment.  I liked her a lot and she seemed to know what she was talking about.  She somehow diagnosed my problem by taking my pulse.  It turns out I have a Qi Blood Deficiency, Kidney Jing Deficiency, Kidney Qi Yang Deficiency and a Spleen Qi Deficiency.  Well, no wonder I'm not pregnant.  

I met up with Adam for lunch after my consultation.  In honor of Traditional Chinese Medicine, we ate at Pei Wei.  If our fortunes have anything to say about it, I think we're on the right track with acupuncture. We're taking the advice of our faithful friend and I guess I should be pregnant by the next new moon. Here's hoping! 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!