Sunday, May 10, 2015

One of the Many Reasons I Love My Mom

I am beyond lucky to have the mom I have.  She has always loved me and supported me.  We have a blast together whether we talk on the phone for 5 minutes or spend a week in Gulf Shores on vacation.

I always knew my mom was amazingly wonderful, but I got a new understanding of just how special my mom is by going through the loss of my baby.  She was there for me in every moment before, during and after.  She held me on the couch and cried with me.  She continues to keep me positive and hopeful.  I love her so very much.

I'm not going to lie.  Mother's Day has been a rough day ever since I lost my baby.  I want to celebrate my own mom, but I'm constantly reminded by the fact that I am not a mom.  However, my mom gave me one more reason to love her this year.  She sent me a package with Jazzy's name in the return address.  

When I pulled it out of our mailbox, I had to fight back the tears.  My mom sent me a Mother's Day present from Jazzy.  The fact that she thought of me on this difficult day and tried to make it a little more happy makes my heart smile.  

One of the few things I've gained from losing my baby is a willingness to appreciate things more, both big and small.  I appreciate my mom more than ever.  She is the most thoughtful, kind, caring person I know and I really do strive to be like her.  I hope I get to be a mom like her one day.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.  I love you! 



  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!