Friday, May 29, 2015

Jazzy's Clean, But Very Ornery

Adam went on a fishing trip for a few days this week and I stayed home with Jazzy.  In honor of Adam's return, I decided to give Jazzy a bath so she would be nice and clean and ready to snuggle with Adam.  

Usually, both Adam and I give Jazzy her baths.  One of has a grip on her during the bath while the other one gets the shampoo and rinses her off and so forth.  Jazzy does not particularly care for baths, but she puts up with them because she knows she'll get a treat when it's over.  I didn't think it would be that tricky for one person to give her a bath, so long as I thought everything through before I started.  I made sure to have towels, a washcloth, shampoo, conditioner and a cup all close by before I trapped Jazzy in the bathroom.  

Things were going smoothly and Jazzy was cooperating.  We got the shampooing out of the way and I was getting ready to move onto the conditioning step.  I had to let go of Jazzy so I could open up the lid on the conditioner.  That was a big mistake.  The second I let her go, Jazzy heaved herself out of the tub.  I must say, she did so rather gracefully for being a wet dog in a slippery bathtub.  Once she was free from the tub, she shook all that pesky water out of her coat and made her way to the door.  I did not realize how much water a little dog's coat could hold.  She got water everywhere.  She got water in my eyes and my hair and all over my clothes.  Thanks, Jazzy.  

Luckily, I had closed the bathroom door so Jazzy couldn't escape to the rest of the house.  I wrangled her back in the tub and got her coat all conditioned without anymore escape attempts.  After I rinsed her and dried her off, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.  Good thing I didn't have anywhere to go.  


I think I will wait for Adam's help before I attempt any more baths.  Look at that ornery girl.  Good thing she's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!