Monday, May 18, 2015

My Child's Name Is Jazzy

While I realize owning a dog and having a child are far from being the same thing, there are some striking similarities...

I think about Jazzy all the time.

Jazzy has become the most prominent thought that runs through my mind.  I think of her when I'm at work and wonder what she's up to.  I think about her when I'm shopping and what she might like me to buy her. Adam and I went away for the weekend and left Jazzy behind with a friend and I thought of her about every other minute.  Perhaps this makes me a crazy person, but I very much enjoy having Jazzy to think about.   


I would do anything for Jazzy.

If Jazzy wants me to crawl around on the floor and play with her, I will do it.  If she wants me to run around the backyard so she can chase me, I will run until I can't run anymore.  Or until a neighbor comes out and starts looking at me strangely.  I would throw myself in front a car to save Jazzy.  Again, this might make me crazy, but I love my little Jazzy.  

Jazzy wakes me up in the middle of the night.

Jazzy wakes up in the middle of the night and I am the one that gets up with her.  This may not be a good sign for when Adam and I eventually have kids.  He claims he doesn't hear her.  I might have to get her a microphone.  Sometimes she needs to go outside, in which case I stumble downstairs and let her out. Sometimes she just needs me to rub her belly.  I get kind of mad that she wakes me up and then flops over on her back once I get out of bed so I'll rub her belly.  But she's just so darn cute, that I change my tune and oblige her.    



Jazzy's needs come before my own. 

Whether I want to go take a walk in the rain or snow or frigid temperatures or blazing hot sun or not, I do because Jazzy needs her exercise.  I make sure she gets her dinner before I eat my dinner.  I make sure she gets attention before I do whatever else I need to do.  And I'm happy to do all this for Jazzy.  

I am no longer the first person Adam says hello to.

Before Jazzy came along, I was the first person Adam greeted when he came home from work.  Granted I was the only option, aside from the fish in the aquarium.  But now, Adam puts down all his stuff and makes a big fuss about Jazzy as soon as he walks in the door.  It is so cute to see Adam get down on the ground and talk to Jazzy that I don't even mind.  Seeing Adam's cheesy grin and Jazzy's excitement brings me so much happiness.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!