Monday, July 27, 2015

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

I have some exciting changes coming up in my life for the upcoming school year...I am going to teach again!  My official title is Title I Reading Interventionist.  Basically, I get to work with 6th, 7th and 8th grade students who struggle with reading.  It's the perfect gig.  I get to focus solely on reading with individual students or small groups of students.

Reading has always been my favorite subject to teach, mainly because I love reading so much.  I was the kid who brought a book to read when my family would go out to eat at restaurants.  I used to put my pillow at the bottom of my door, turn on my light and stay up late reading as a kid.  Now you know all my secrets, Mom.  

There's nothing more rewarding than seeing a student get excited about a book.  My favorite part of teaching fourth grade was our read aloud time.  Especially when our time would be up and the kids would beg to hear more of the story.  Reading is such a joy and I am so excited to get the opportunity to help kids realize that joy.  

I've been busy going through my books and pulling out titles that middle schoolers will enjoy.  It's been quite a chore seeing as how I have box after box of books in our basement.  Just ask Adam.  He got to drag them all downstairs and will get to drag them back upstairs to my new classroom.  I love you, Adam!   


This doesn't mean I am giving up on my dream of being a stay at home mom.  If I am lucky enough to get pregnant soon, I will still be able to finish out the school year.  I think being able to teach will help my state of mind.  I will get to do something I love and feel like I am contributing to the world.  I talked about my struggle with not teaching here.  Now, I'll be proud to tell people what I do for a living.      

I'm excited to see what this school year will bring...and to decorate my classroom. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!