Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Jazzy Gets a Haircut

With summer here, it's getting hot!  Jazzy is not too crazy about the warmer temperatures.  We went for a walk the other day and she plopped down in a patch of shade in the middle of our walk.  Poor thing!  

Adam suggested that she get a haircut.  I was all for it, until I found out you have to leave your dog at the groomer's for at least 4 or 5 hours!  I was thinking I would just sit in a chair for 30 minutes while she got a haircut.  But after speaking with a groomer on the phone, I realized this was more like a spa day than a simple haircut.  

I realize I am a bit overprotective of Jazzy.  I was talking to Adam about all my concerns.  "What if she'll feel like I'm abandoning her since she was abandoned by her previous owners?  What if she thinks she's being punished?  What if they let her outside without putting her harness on and she runs away?  What if she gets in a fight with another dog?"

Adam looked at me and reminded me that Jazzy is, in fact, a dog.  And most dogs have been to a groomer and survived.  He's right.  I'm just a crazy, overprotective dog mom.  

So I finally worked up enough courage to take her to a groomer.  I asked for recommendations on Facebook and my Facebook friends were kind enough to respond with some suggestions.

Jazzy was happy that she got to go for a ride in the new car.  Once we got there, she happily greeted the front desk lady and the groomer.  They were very kind and made a big fuss over how cute she is.  They answered my extensive list of questions and addressed all my concerns.  I felt very comfortable leaving her with them.  My heart did feel a little pang when I had to walk out the door without her. 

It was a long afternoon waiting for the call that Jazzy was ready to be picked up.  I dropped her off at 1 in the afternoon and still hadn't heard anything by 4:45.  I started to get nervous that maybe I had given them the wrong phone number.  (Did I mention I'm crazy?)  I did end up calling and checking on her and was told she'd be ready in another hour.  

When I went to pick Jazzy up, I almost didn't recognize her!  She must be much more comfortable without all that hair.  While I miss her scraggly charm, she's still adorable.  I made sure to tell her how pretty she is so she won't develop a complex.  She even had a sweet little bow around her neck.  


Of course, she hated the bow and tried to get it off herself.  I ended up helping her untie it.  


Look at my sweet girl!  



The groomer told me she did a very good job and cooperated.  Jazzy got a beef stick for being such a good girl.  


I'm happy to say we both survived her first haircut.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!