Friday, July 31, 2015

A Thrift Store Treasure

I decided to start working on some diy projects for my classroom and needed to find some old books.  So, I visited a thrift store close to my house and found just what I needed.  Plus, something I didn't even know I needed.  

Whenever I go to a thrift store looking for something in particular, I like to look around to see what other treasures I might find.  On this particular trip, I glanced up and saw the most adorable mail organizer.  I made a beeline for it before anyone else could snatch it up.  I was even more excited once I saw the $3.00 price tag!  


I thought this would be perfect for our house.  I am the kind of person who doesn't like stacks of mail sitting around on countertops and tables.  I always go through the mail as soon as I bring it inside.  I immediately through away junk mail, stash magazines in a basket on our fireplace and bring bills upstairs to our office nook.  Usually I put any mail addressed to Adam on the kitchen table.  I'm not going to lie; it bothers me when there's a stack of mail on my clean kitchen table.  And Adam doesn't exactly share my zeal for keeping every square inch of our house neat and organized.  (I realize I have a problem.)  

So, I thought this mail organizer would be the perfect solution.  Adam's mail will now have a home until he gets around to looking at it and my kitchen table can stay free of clutter.  There's also a space to put any letters or bills that need to be mailed.  I love the finish and its slightly rustic vibe.  And how cute are those labels?   

When I showed Adam my find, he wasn't quite as excited about it as me, but he did think it would be a good way to keep track of our mail.  He even told me he had some brassy, gold nails that would match the finish to hang it up with.  Boy, does he know how to make me happy, or what!  He used two nails side by side to help keep the organizer more stable and level.  


It's the little things in life that make me happy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!