Friday, July 17, 2015

Watercolor Note Cards

While my mom was visiting, we were feeling crafty.  So, we used some materials I already had on hand and whipped up some cute note cards.
  

We cut up and folded some watercolor paper to make note cards.  We paid attention to the dimensions so they would fit into extra envelops I had leftover from another project.  I went with a folded card, while my mom opted for postcards.  

We used simple watercolors to design the front of our cards.  We made a variety of designs and ended up with some cute ones.  


This would be a very easy project to try on your own.  You very clearly don't need to be an artist.  Just pick up a paintbrush and go with it.  You could do something as simple as polka dots or a heart to landscapes or portraits if you have more talent than us.  Monograms are also an easy idea. 


My mom decided on postcards.  What a sweet way to send a note to someone you love.  Anything handmade always brings a smile to the receiver.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!