Friday, July 10, 2015

Office Nook Transformation

A little while ago, I talked about my plans to change up the office nook in our bedroom.  After finding all the perfect items, our office nook transformation is complete!  

Here's what was going on before:



That little bulletin board was looking pretty lonely.  So, I started collecting artwork and office organization items from garage sales and clearance aisles.  Once I had all the goodies I needed, I made a plan for how to put them on the wall.

First, I laid out the items in different layouts on the floor.  I ended up with the following combination of items.


-"So In Love With You" Framed Print (TJ Maxx, $10)
-Clock (TJ Maxx, $6)
-Burlap Artwork (Target, $4)
-Clothespin Bulletin Board (Already had it.  I got it for $6 at Hobby Lobby.)
-Metal File Folder Holder (Target, $13)
-Magnetic Strip (Garage Sale, $1.  I saw the same thing at The Container Store for $13!  I love garage sales.)

Once I was happy with my layout, I made paper templates of each item by tracing them on paper.  I put a mark on each template where the hanging hardware was located, as well.  That way, I would know exactly where to put the nails and screws.  


Jazzy was kind enough to help me out.  


Then, I taped the templates on the wall and played around with the placement until I got it how I wanted it.  From there I just hammered nails right on top of the templates.  

 

I did have to use Adam's expertise at one point.  He was kind enough to help me get the drywall anchor situation sorted out for the metal file folder holder and magnetic strip. 

As a final step, I used some industrial strength Velcro to hang the power strip on the side of the filing cabinet.  Now the cords are hidden between the desk and filing cabinet instead of in a heap on the floor.    


Here's the final transformation:



It's such an improvement.  I love it!  

I ended up moving the canvas photograph of Adam and I above my dresser and moving the photograph above my dresser to the hallway.  Eventually, I want our hallway to be our family photo gallery.  I told Adam about my plan and said we should put a photo of Jazzy next to the photo of us.  He responded by saying, "You better take some pictures of Jazzy.  We don't have any pictures of her."  Haha, very funny.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!