Thursday, July 30, 2015

Classroom Design Plans

I can start putting my classroom together soon and I couldn't be more excited!  My mind is swirling with ideas!  

I have several parameters that I can't change, like the paint color of one of the walls.  It is far from the color I would choose, but it's something I can work with: sage green.  The other three walls are white. After some research on Pinterest, I have decided to go with a sage green and navy theme.

My goal for my classroom is to make it warm and inviting.  I want it to be a place where the kids want to be.  I want it to feel homey, like a family room.  

I've already started gathering furniture and decor.  I bought a sage green slipcover for the old, frumpy couch that came with the classroom.  I dug out the navy curtains that hung in my old classroom from the basement.  And my mom and I found a cute side table at a thrift store for just $5!


There's also the $20 Craigslist table that Adam is refinishing for me.  Best. Husband. Ever. 


I also plan to make some cute diy decorations to help jazz up the place.  I'll be sure to share the projects in a future post.  Let the decorating begin!   
     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!