Saturday, July 25, 2015

TWW

Anyone who has been trying to get pregnant for a lengthy time knows all about the TWW.  The TWW, or Two Week Wait, is the two weeks from the time you ovulate until the time you know whether or not you're pregnant.  Even though it's only two weeks, it can feel like an eternity.  


Your mind starts to play tricks on you during these two weeks.  Aside from making time stand still, your mind also does other lovely things.  Your mind convinces you that you are pregnant.  I've been trying to get pregnant for two years now, so that's 24 months.  For the last 24 months, my mind has convinced me that I am pregnant each and every month.  My mind has been wrong for 24 months.  That's not very nice, mind.  

Your mind starts thinking things like...
-I think I'm feeling a little nauseous.  Maybe that means I'm pregnant!
-I think I felt a little twinge in my stomach.  Maybe that means I'm pregnant! 
-I am feeling more hungry than usual.  Maybe that means I'm pregnant!
-I am feeling more tired than usual.  Maybe that means I'm pregnant!
-My boobs are tender.  Maybe that means I'm pregnant!
-My nose is more sensitive.  Maybe that means I'm pregnant! 

And then your period comes and you feel very silly for thinking you could have been pregnant.  But I have high hopes for this upcoming two week wait.  I hope my mind will tell the truth this month! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!