Friday, March 6, 2015

Estate Sale Finds

I adore estate sales.  They combine two of my favorite things: real estate and garage sales.  You get to walk through houses and get bargains while doing so.  I've learned you can't go to estate sales looking for something in particular.  You really have to go with an open mind.  You just never know what kind of treasure you might find!  

Here are some of my favorite estate sale finds:

1.  Our Bar Cabinet




We bought this solid wood piece for $45.  It was in great shape and has been the perfect piece of furniture to hold all of our drinking accessories.  All it needed was a good scrub down with Murphy's Oil, a glass top and shelf liners.  

2.  My Brass Animals



Brass decor is making a comeback in home decor.  My mom must have been ahead of this trend because she has had brass animals around her house for as long as I can remember.  Many of her pieces came from her grandma.  So, in addition to my brass animals being on point with today's home decor standards (because I follow them so closely), it also reminds me of my mom and my Grammy.  My mom bought this giraffe and elephant for me at an estate sale.  I can't remember the exact price, but it was under $20 for the two of them.  

3.  My Iron



I guess back in the olden days, housewives had to iron things with actual iron.  I've heard my grandma talk about how she had to heat it on the stove, which sounds awful.  I don't even iron things now, and all I have to do is plug the cord in the wall.  But, I thought this $10 antique iron would be a perfect addition to my laundry room.  It might have been the reason I made Adam put up shelving in the laundry room for me.  

4.  Glassware



No matter which estate sale you go to, chances are there will be hoards of glassware.  A lot of it is even real crystal and usually you can get a great deal on it.  I buy all kinds of cute dishes and containers.  I have a stash of glassware in my guest bedroom closet, just waiting for a spot in my house.  

There you have it.  Go forth and find your own estate sale treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!