Monday, March 16, 2015

Separation Anxiety

Since I had a day off from school, I decided to visit my family in St. Louis. Adam had to work, so he stayed behind with Jazzy.  I didn't really think about the fact that I would have to be without Jazzy for 4 days until I started packing.  I briefly flirted with the idea of packing Jazzy in my bag.  


She was not amused.  

Before I left, I made sure to give Adam explicit directions on how to take care of Jazzy.  He is perfectly capable of taking care of our baby, but I like to think I know exactly what Jazzy wants.  I told Adam that when he gets home from work, he must do the following:

1.  Tell Jazzy how much he missed her during the day while jumping about excitedly with her.  

2.  Let her out in the backyard and play chase.  

3.  Come back inside and tell her again how much he missed her during the day.  

4.  Ask her what she did with her day.  Did she have a dance party while listening to the radio?  Did she try sitting on every piece of furniture in the house?  Etc.  

5.  Play bite.  This is where she will ever so gently bite your fingers.  Not sure why she likes this, but it is what she requires at this point in the routine.  

6.  Rub her belly.

7.  Get really excited about the idea of going on a walk.  Ask her repeatedly and jump up and down when she does.  

8.  Go on a walk.  

9.  Practice her tricks.

10.  Tell her again how much you missed her while rubbing her belly on the couch.  She also likes to watch Friends during this time.  

I'm sure Adam left out some of these steps, but I know she was well-loved while I was gone.  I was quite surprised at how much I missed my sweet Jazzy.  I'm sure I drove my family crazy talking about how much I missed her.  Jazzy and I are back together now, which is where we should be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!