Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Doesn't Spring Just Make You Happy?

There is something about spring that turns me into a giddy little girl.  The warm weather.  The green leaves and grass.  All the flowers!  It just makes me happy!  

This weekend Adam and I got some flowers from Home Depot to put around our yard.  There are a ton of rabbits in our neighborhood and they love to eat flowers and plants, much to my dismay.  However, I have found that the rabbits can't reach hanging baskets and potted plants.  So, Adam and I worked on our hanging baskets and pots this past weekend.  

We went with ranunculus, impatients and geraniums for the hanging baskets.  




We planted several potted plants, too.  One of my good friends from school gave me some elephant ear plants a few years back.  I have replanted them every year and they always turn out really cool.  We included a few impatients around the elephant ears for some color until the elephant ears start to grow.  


We put this pot with elephant ears and begonias on our back deck.  I can't wait until summer's here and I can lay in our hammock and read.


This pretty flower popped up in our front planter.  I better enjoy it now before the rabbits get to it.  


This is the only rabbit I want in my yard: the Google Fiber rabbit.  Adam and I signed up for Google Fiber and hope our "fiberhood" gets enough sign-ups.  If you live in Lee's Summit, MO, sign up for Google Fiber here.  Please and thank you.  


While planting our flowers in the front yard, we realized that as long as we keep Jazzy's leash on her, she thinks she can't run away.  Instead of running down the street, she just plopped herself down on the driveway and stared longingly down the street.  Silly girl.  


Happy Spring! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!