Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Spring Monogram Wreath

Last time I visited my grandma, aka Mama, I noticed she still had the winter-themed wreath I made for her.  I told her I would make her a new spring wreath.  So that's exactly what I did today.  It turned out to be very simple to make and it turned out very cute.  I might need to make one for myself now.  

I gathered the following materials:


-Wooden letter
-Acrylic Craft Paint (I went with Pearl White.)
-Three pieces of felt (I got pink, purple and green.)
-Paint Pen (I used silver.)
-Ribbon (Also, silver.)
-Hot Glue Gun
-Scissors
-Paintbrush
-Cardboard
-Staple Gun

I started out by painting the wooden letter.  I have found that using foil to paint on works really well.  Whatever I'm painting doesn't stick to the foil and you can just ball it up and throw it away when you're finished.  I ened up putting 3 coats of paint on since the Pearl White was a little on the sheer side.


While the paint was drying, I worked on making the felt flowers.  I cut each of the pink and purple pieces of felt into 6 equal pieces.  Then I rounded the corners of each piece.  Next, I cut a spiral out of each piece.


Once I had the spirals, I rolled each piece starting with the outside.  


The small circle left in the center of the spiral is the perfect size to finish off the back of the flower.  I just put a dab of hot glue on the felt and covered it with the small circle.


After that, I cut some leaves out of the green felt.  

Once the paint was dry, I used the silver paint pen to put some polka dots on the letter.  I am in love with polka dots right now.  They're just so darn cute and fun.  


I used a staple gun to attach the ribbon on the back of the letter.  I put some cardboard between the letter and the ribbon so the staple wouldn't go through the front of the letter.  


Finally, I hot glued the felt flowers and leaves onto the letter.  I think Mama will love it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!